How Do I Make Workforce Collaboration Happen?
- Create a space where employees can collaborate when needed, but have time alone for calls, focused work and more.
- Set the example for employees as a manager. Show them how to create effective groups and work together.
- Build collaboration into your company goals and values.
- Mix up your work communication methods. If you always write emails, have a face-to-face meeting.
- Be proactive when issues arise among employees.
Teamwork in the workplace can stimulate creativity, engagement and innovation, yet it remains one of those commonly underutilized tools. Many of us are guilty of staying in our little nooks of expertise, comfy in our silos and never seeking out true collaboration. It’s easy to put your blinders on and get the job done, but that’s not what drives success, or growth, both individually and organizationally.