It’s no secret that engaging qualified candidates is more difficult than ever. With low unemployment rates and job openings on the rise, talent acquisition professionals need to be looking for new tools to help them stay ahead of the competition. Text recruiting is one new tool that many recruiters are turning to. It simplifies the recruiting process by putting job postings in the palm of candidates’ hands.75% of US adults use a smartphone, and that number is only going to increase. Text recruiting may be your new best friend in acquiring talent! Learn why:
Generational groups like Millennials and Gen Z want to feel connected to their employers and they want quick responses. Text recruiting helps businesses connect and converse with candidates on a personal level faster than ever before. It also helps businesses appear approachable, which helps improve their relationship with this new, relationship-oriented workforce.
The best way to bring the importance of text recruiting into perspective is with facts, so we compiled market statistics to lay out the crucial numbers:
Text/SMS Habits & Preferences:
- 75% of US adults use a smartphone.
- Global phone usage is expected to surpass the 5 billion mark by 2019.
- 80% of people are now using text messaging for business in some form or fashion.
- Texts, on average, have a 97% open rate.
- 64% of consumers are likely to have a positive perception of companies that offer communication via text.
- 90% of consumers prefer texting over calling and email.
- The cost of texting is low compared to other communication methods, while direct mailers can be expensive and emails are only opened 18% of the time.
- 91% of smartphone users consider content access to be very important with SMS.
- 73% of job seekers prefer to receive targeted job opportunities via text.
- Two-thirds of candidates consider text recruiting messages acceptable.
- 78% of candidates who own smartphones would apply for a new job through their mobile device.
- 45% of job seekers search for jobs daily on their mobile device.
- 89% of job seekers think mobile devices play a critical role in the job hunting process.
- With a 98% read rate, texting candidates will ensure responses post-application. This way, text communication continues to build the relationship with candidates.
- 53% of candidates trust a company more when it reaches out quickly.
This data doesn’t mean you should throw out emails, job board postings or direct mailers – text recruiting is simply another rapidly-growing facet of the recruiting process. Baby Boomers are still very much a part of candidate pools. Considering that they prefer calls to email and text, it’s still in your best interest to maintain a diverse recruiting plan.73% of job seekers prefer to receive targeted job opportunities via text, so why haven’t you implemented text recruiting yet?
Text recruiting gives businesses a strategic competitive advantage by catering to candidates’ communication preferences. If you appeal to candidates’ interests, it’s common sense that they’ll find you more favorable to competitors that don’t. Since text recruiting is still on the implementation climb, your competitors may not have the technology integrated in their business...yet. You can get a leg-up on competitors by using it first! In today’s candidate driven job market, it’s in your company’s best interest to find a way to reach candidates as quickly and efficiently as possible.
Interested in learning more about how you can instantly text interested candidates? Our complete talent acquisition platform allows you to instantly text candidates.