In the world of HR, one question comes up year after year: how can we leverage new technological advances and incorporate them into our hiring process?
Instead of presenting outcomes and metrics that are relevant only to HR, frame your requests in a different way, a way that benefits everyone. HR needs to partner with the business to assess activities that will add value to the company, and not just become another expense. If HR can’t convince leaders that technology will benefit the entire business, then the conversation will be a lost cause.
Administrative work and spring cleaning your processes may feel like a “nice to have” job but in reality it’s a MUST have. Here are 10 reasons why you should update your hiring practices and leverage technology:
1. 94% of recruiters use, or plan to use social media for recruiting. Social recruiting is crucial in today’s competitive recruitment landscape. Your Recruiters, HR Professionals and Hiring Managers need to be equipped with the tools they need to be successful.
2. For businesses that fail to fill job openings within the first month, there is a 57% chance that the position will remain open for three months or more. You need a solution with automatic job posting built into the ATS.
3. 50% of employed job seekers see their current position as a placeholder. You need to know where your A-talent and future leaders are at all times. Learn to get everyone on your team aligned...today!
4. 61% of people surveyed and currently employed said they are open to new opportunities. Employee engagement and succession planning should be built into your HR process.
5. Millennials are fueling the workforce, and 47% of them are using mobile in their job search. Companies need to get over their ingrained fears of new mobile users and leverage the technology that makes it possible.
6. 64% of all companies surveyed want a solution that helps source better-quality prospects, faster. You should be able to find every candidate, from passive candidates to active job seekers and import that data directly into your Applicant Tracking System.
7. The Appcast.io study found that the completion rate dropped from 12.5% to 3.6% if an application took more than 15 minutes to finish. Your application process needs to be shortened. A long tedious process will turn candidates off and hurt your time-to-fill.
8. 42% of those surveyed by CareerBuilder said they look at companies' websites to locate the careers page, find a job and apply. Your employer brand matters. Show off your culture and opportunities with beautiful branded career sites
9. New employees who attended a well-structured onboarding orientation program, were 69% more likely to remain at a company up to 3 years. Automate and track your employee onboarding process with paperless onboarding. Move your process to the cloud.
10. 60% of companies indicated they do not set any milestones or concrete goals for new hires to attain. If you’re not tracking goals how are you keeping everyone on the same page?
ClearCompany is the only Talent Management Software that supports best practices and gives users the technology they need to succeed. Since 2004, we've been helping companies hire and manage talent. In fact, we've helped our clients hire, onboard and manage more than 10 million A-players. Are you ready to start seeing clearly? Sign up for a demo of ClearCompany’s Talent Management Software today!
As ClearCompany's HR Business Partner, Laura focuses on all things HR including managing employee benefits, onboarding and engagement initiatives. With a keen focus on best-practices, she serves as a strategic partner to the leadership team by acting as a trusted resource on a wide variety of human resources topics including policy interpretation, creating and recommending enhancements to the HR process, and career development.